This one’s a bit late, but since Empire is a repeat this week, here’s a quick catchup for those who were busy during the spring holidays.
- Lucious has some medical issues with his non-ALS condition and Anika tries to exploit it with some empty threats. Luckily, Lucifer Lyon has a gun by his side.
- Andre continues to pursue ~Vegas~ and getting Empire a casino license in Sin City.
- Jamal continues to work on his Cookie and Lucious album. Jamal releases a teaser for the album, and it causes waves for Cookie and Angelo’s relationship. She wants another teaser to show that Cookie and Lucious’ relationship eventually soured, but Jamal says no.
- Anika wants Cookie to look after Bella if something happens to her.
- Cookie/Lucious shippers in the show coin the term “Cucious,” which sounds SO dirty. Cookie agrees: “It sounds like a damn STD.”
- Jamal tries to let D-Major down easy again.
- Kennedy, fron Hakeem’s 21st birthday, faces off with Thirsty and her own attorney. Hakeem doesn’t speak up for her. “What is victim-blaming?” Hakeem asks and learns a lesson about his own behavior from Cookie and Jamal.
- Hakeem then records a rap that supports women and pays tribute to his daughter. Aww.
- Andre brings the Empire board to Lucious’ sick bed and pitches his idea about ~Vegas~ residencies. Lucious hates the idea and fires Andre, but no one else supports the idea, because they like his ideas. Also, Andre name drops The Weeknd and then The Weeknd’s “I Feel It Coming” plays in the next scene!
- Lucious crashes Angelo’s election party. Angelo wins…the Democratic primary. Which means there’s more election to come.
- Lucious plays a song at the party and Cookie flashes back to romantic memories with him. Then Guiliana approaches him and lets the audience know they were once romantically involved. Whoa!
via Blogger http://ift.tt/2o6XbC7
The episode begins with Hakeem waking up after an epic night of partying, boasting about how his 21st birthday is going to be an even more epic night of partying. (I can’t help but have a bad feeling about this.) Hakeem skypes with Tiana, who is on tour and won’t be at the 21-hour club-hopping bash. He’s bummed that she won’t be there. (Again, I’ve got a bad feeling about this.) It’s going to be streamed live on Empire Xtreme, which Andre is pissed about.
Tiana winds up showing up, but Hakeem has words with the club manager about his appearance fee. At Leviticus, everything seems to be going great. Jamal and Tiana serenade Hakeem, but then a fight breaks out at the club. Andre and Hakeem argue about it and then Andre bans Hakeem from Empire Xtreme. Hakeem heads to Lucious’ house to get Bella and spend the final moments of his birthday with his daughter, which impresses Lucious. Lucious tells Hakeem the story of his birth
D-Major Facebook-lives his declaration of love to Jamal, but catches Jamal with another guy. Ouch. D-Major gets banned from Empire, because Cookie doesn’t like his influence over Jamal.
Leah has it out for Anika aka the “wife woman,” since she has disappeared. Hakeem is surprised to learn this. Anika returns and has a confrontation with Cookie and Lucious. And Leah, who wants to kill Anika. Boo Boo Kitty decides to start an affair with Tariq to discredit him, which is such an Anika thing to do.
Nia Long and Andre bond and flirt, talking about starting a business in Vegas. Cookie runs into Nia Long at the salon, and she takes Cookie’s hair appointment — and calls Cookie “trash.” Guiliana aka Nia Long flirt more and she tells him she won’t sleep with him unless Nessa says it’s ok, and he says it’s fine.
Angelo finds Cookie’s gun and gets upset, especially since it was a “gift” from Lucious. She pledges to get rid of it and all other gifts from Lucious.
via Blogger http://ift.tt/2o8sObq
We pick up with Cookie’s remorse for trashing Lucious’ place, for kissing him, and for that time Lucious got her kicked out of her dad’s house — which included them having sex for the first time in a flashback. Cookie’s sister tells Cookie she better not go back to “Lucifer Lyon.” Cookie visits Angelo and he notices her bruises from her Lucious showdown. Angelo later confronts Lucious over Cookie’s parole.
Cookie goes to clear the air with Lucious, and walks in after Anika and Lucious have had sex. Oy. They argue about their feelings for each other and move on from each other. Later, Anika tries to comfort Becky about the A&R position, saying one day she will be ready for it, and lets her be in charge of a rehearsal.
At dinner, Cookie’s sister drops hints that Angelo and Cookie should have a proper wedding — and then there’s a flashback to Lucious and Cookie’s wedding (she’s pregnant with Andre, presumably).
Hakeem shows his support for Tiana at a dance rehearsal for her music video (directed by Hakeem), where he tries to get her to finally meet his daughter. Tiana doesn’t want to, but the conversation gets interrupted when Leah Walker shows up, gets one of the dancers to distract her guard so she can sneak away, and urges Hakeem to marry Tiana. Anika makes Hakeem take Isbella for the day and thus Tiana finally comes face to face with the baby — and she enjoys it more than she thought she would.
Jamal works in the studio with Tory. Cookie advises them to “mess it up some more” and to not let Lucious know what they’re doing. But after some jamming, Jamal tells them not to wipe the hard drive clean. Uh oh. Of course, Cookie and Jamal find Lucious listening to Jamal’s track. There’s also a flashback to when Cookie told Lucious she was pregnant.
Tariq meets with Anika and Leah Walker. Will his investigation ever end?
Andre meets Danger (literally), who is an actual man. He goes deeper and meets other shady folks, including a character played by Nia Long.
via Blogger http://ift.tt/2onuTCK